2020 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401
The Vitpilen 401, with its strong and tractable 373 cc single cylinder engines, is equally well suited to urban environments as they are to out-of-town riding, thanks to their dynamic chassis, accessible overall size and low weight. For 2020, it features a new bolt-on subframe that has been extended by 40 mm for improved pillion comfort as well as a new high quality paint finish and graphics that highlight its progressive design.
- Engine Specifications
- Chassis Specifications
- Striking new graphics.
- Optimized bolt-on subframe is extended by 40 mm for increased passenger support.
- Powerful, compact 373.2 cc DOHC engine with electronic fuel injection and Ride-by-Wire system for excellent throttle response.
- Chromium Molybdenum steel trellis frame designed with specific flex characteristics to work in harmony with the WP suspension.
- High-quality WP APEX 43 mm open cartridge forks are tested and set up specifically for the Vitpilen 401, offering comfort and confidence-inspiring handling.
- Fitted directly to the swingarm, the WP APEX monoshock features a progressive spring design for soaking up small bumps and big hits effortlessly.
- Forged aluminum triple clamps use specifically calculated flex characteristics for agile handling while the clip-on type handlebars provide a sporty and stylish feel.
- 320 mm front and 230 mm rear perforated steel discs are combined with ByBre calipers and a state-of-the-art Bosch 2-channel ABS system for controlled braking.
- Spoked 17 ̋ bronze anodized wheels are combined with sporty Metzeler M5 tires.
- Simple, progressive design synonymous with Swedish heritage and premium features including LED front and rear lights
Displacement: 373.2 cc
Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
Bore/Stroke: 89 mm / 60 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, slipper clutch
EMS: Bosch EFI, 46mm Throttle Body
- Frame design: Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel Trellis Frame
Front Suspension: WP APEX 43 mm USD Fork
- Rear suspension: WP APEX Monoshock
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc brake 320/230 mm
- Front/Rear Tires: Metzler M5 110/70 R 17;150/60 R 17
Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Wheelbase: 1,357 ± 15.5 mm / 53.4 in ± 0.6 in
- Ground Clearance: 145 mm / 5.7 in
- Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.8 in
- Tank Capacity: 9.5 l / 2.5 gal
- Weight, w/o Fuel: 151 kg / 332 lbs