Five new from the ground up competition machines reach new milestones in motocross performance
For model year 2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles proudly introduce a new generation of 2-stroke and 4-stroke machines, which represents the next step in the historic brand’s motocross range. From the nimble TC 125 to the powerful FC 450 4-stroke machine, each model in the updated range sets the benchmark in its respective class.
Standing out among a long list of upgrades is the new frame that is finished off in a premium blue powder coating. For MY19, it features an increase in longitudinal rigidity that results in improved rider feedback. Receiving new settings to perfectly match the new frame characteristics, WP AER 48 forks and a DCC shock help further improve energy absorption and straight-line stability.
With all five models receiving a series of carefully considered improvements in the engine department, the flagship FC 450 has a redesigned and more compact SOHC cylinder head that reduces the engine’s total weight by a whopping 500g. To further enhance performance while keeping weight to a minimum, the exhaust systems on all 2-stroke and 4- stroke models have additionally received major changes for 2019.
WHAT’S NEW FOR MY19
- Redesigned bodywork
- Redesigned SOHC cylinder head on the FC 450 (500g lighter)
- Blue coated frame featuring increased longitudinal rigidity
- New 2-piece subframe design (250g lighter)
- Updated setting on the WP AER 48 forks
- WP DCC shock featuring new piston & updated setting
- New mufflers on 2-strokes, redesigned header pipe on TC 250
- Chain adjustment length increased by 5mm
- Triple clamp protector integrated into front number plate
- Traction & launch control with updated settings [4-strokes]
- New throttle cable routing for easier maintenance
- Flow-designed resonance chambers & more compact silencers on 4-strokes
- New generation Li-ion 2.0 Ah battery
- Updated cooling system with new center tube
- External fuel line moved inward for extra protection
- ProTaper handlebar with new bend
- D.I.D. wheels with new spoke nipples